How do I Stop my Printer from Going Offline?
When I am looking to stop my HP printer form going offline , I follow these steps. These steps will ensure that your printer is always online. When a printer is in offline mode, you won’t be able to send any print jobs and you have to go to printer settings to manually switch it to online mode.
To keep the printer from switching to offline , you need to follow these steps.
- Press the Windows Start Button and click on the Control panel.
- Now, you need to look for Devices and Printers icon and click on it.
- Now, you need to right-click on the printer you want to keep online and select Properties from the menu.
- Now, you need to go to the ports tab and click on the Add Port button.
- Choose TCP/IP Port from the drop-down list and select a new Port.
- Now, you need to add printers IP address and click on the Finish button.