How to Block Someone on Yahoo!
Sometimes, you have some personal information listed on your email, and you accidentally sent it to someone else. Now, you want to block that contact from your list for good. Or there are times when you are annoyed by spam emails sent for promotional purposes.
If you are facing one of the issues, you should read the complete article to block that particular person. There could be many other reasons for you to block an email address on Yahoo mail.
Today we have decided to provide the complete details about how you can block someone on Yahoo mail.
Let’s get started.
Block Unwanted emails from particular senders
When you put an email address in the block list, Yahoo will delete all incoming emails from those addresses.
Here are the steps to block particular email addresses:
- First, you need to open Yahoo mail and login with your credentials on a web browser.
- Then, you need to click on the gear icon located at the top right corner to open the drop-down menu.
- You have to click on the More Settings button from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Security and Privacy category from the left panel in the settings page.
- Click on the Add button to pop open a new section for adding an email address.
- Type in your email address in the Address text box from the ‘Add an email address to block’ section.
- Now, you need to click on the Save button to save changes and block that particular address.
Once you are through with all these steps, you won’t receive any new emails from that particular sender. If you are not getting the steps listed here, you can always contact Yahoo technical phone support USA for help.
You can also block particular senders who are troubling you with spam emails. Here are the steps to that:
Block Senders from Inbox
- Yes, you can block unnecessary email-sender right from the inbox, follow these steps to do that.
- Open Yahoo mail and login with your credentials, open inbox, and proceed to the next step.
- Now, you can find and select the email you want to block from sending any more messages to you.
- Then, click on the three dots located in the top middle of the inbox section.
- Select Block Senders from the pop-up menu, and you will see blocking options.
- You have to select the email address and also select the option to ‘Block all future emails’ from there.
- You also have the option of deleting all existing emails sent by that sender. It is optional, and you can select or deselect that option and click on the Ok button to proceed further.
Now, you’ve added that to the blocked email addresses list, and you won’t receive any future communication from them. This way, you can manage the Yahoo account pretty easily. However, you can always contact yahoo for issues. You can contact them for any issues, and they’ll be happy to help. But first, you must check out the Yahoo help page and find the solution you are looking for.
Read this also: How to Fix Common Problems of Yahoo?